Terms & Conditions
To avoid ending up bankrupt, we aligned the following rules…
Jazztage, Jam Circle, Dresden & Hepcats (we) reserve the right to cancel the workshop or ball, if need be. In case of a cancellation you will receive a full refund of your purchased tickets. We cannot held liable for lost property or injuries incurred at the workshop or related to a registration. We cannot be held liable if higher circumstances inhibit the arrival of announced instructors, artists or musicians.
+++ You can always find a replacement taking your spot, according to your role (Lead/Follow). You may submit changes until November 22nd 2018, 10:00 am. We won’t accept any changes beyond this date.
+++ Party tickets are not refundable, please notify us if you want to exchange them.
+++ If you cancel your booking for any reason before October 23th 2019 there is a 50 % cancellation fee.
+++ For cancellations after October 23th 2019, no refunds can be granted.
All registrations are binding, oblige acceptance and payment within 14 days after receiving payment instructions. The German Distance Selling Act bears a two week revocation period, but according to § 312g Paragraph 2 Nr. 9 BGB it is not applicable for ticket sales or camp bookings. Despite this German Distance Selling Act we allow you to transfer your camp registration and party tickets to another person without any fees until November 22nd 2018. We also offer the cancellation of your order. The above mentioned cancellation fees apply according to the date of your cancellation.
With your registration you accept these terms and policies.
Each registration is binding and obliges payment as soon we accepted the registration. If you received payment instructions we accepted your registration. Contact us if you did not receive any instructions. You absolve Jam Circle, Dresden Hepcats, Jazztage, and the SwingBandBall organisation team, their agents, the instructors, the ballroom and the hotel staff of any and all responsibility for injuries and future injuries you might suffer or cause in result of my participation at Plenty Hot workshops, dances, competitions, it’s surrounding areas and parking lots. You grant to Jam Circle deluxe, Dresden Hepcats the unrestricted rights to take motion and still pictures of me. To use and distribute these pictures and recordings, in any and all media now known or hereafter invented, devised, or discovered, in perpetuity, throughout the world, including without limitation in advertisements, publicity, marketing and merchandising.
Code of Conduct
The Swing Band Ball organisation Team (Jam Circle, Dresden Hepcats, Jazztage) is dedicated to promoting swing dancing and culture throughout Germany At our events, everyone is there because they enjoy swing music, dance and culture! We welcome all people to dance events regardless of gender, age, sexual orientation, ability, physical appearance, race, or religion. We are committed to providing a safe scene for everyone to enjoy. All people engaging in SwingBandBall are required to act in accordance with our Code of Conduct to help ensure a safe and fun environment is created for everybody to enjoy.
WHAT IS NOT OKAY?
Any unwanted or unwelcome behavior (sexual or otherwise) which makes a person feel offended, humiliated, or intimidated. Examples of harassment and bullying include but are not limited to:
- Inappropriate verbal comments, teasing, or putting down of others
- Intimidation or stalking
- Unwanted physical contact or unwanted sexual advances
- Posting unwanted, unauthorized or inappropriate material on social media, particularly when directed at or about an individual
- Any inappropriate, bullying or harassing text messages
- Behavior that may be considered an offence under criminal law, such as physical assault, indecent exposure, sexual assault, stalking, or obscene communications.
WHAT IS OKAY? aka, how can I treat everyone respectfully?
Dancing is about fun, but also about consent. Communicate with your partner and ensure you are both feeling comfortable and safe.
- Be good people: do not use misogynist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, or racist language.
- Ask for verbal consent: “Would you like to dance?” “Would you like a drink?”
- Even if you’ve been given consent before, ask every time. Use your words.
- Respect the bodies and persons of other people: do not touch anyone without asking permission, do not touch anyone inappropriately, and stop if someone asks you to. Do not harass or pester someone who has already said no to a dance.
If someone lets you know, verbally or non-verbally, that they are feeling uncomfortable, address your behavior, apologize sincerely, and make a change immediately.
HOW CAN I REPORT SOMETHING?
Do you feel like there has been a breach of our Code of Conduct? Tell us! If you are injured, feel uncomfortable or unsafe, or are experiencing or witnessing inappropriate behavior, please let us know. We will take immediate action. We will handle any issue, big or small, with absolute seriousness and in the strictest confidence.
You can approach:
- A member of the Safety Team – Angelika, Sascha, Susi, David, Kerstin, Micha
- Contact our “safe space” mobile number (Telefon)
- If you do not feel comfortable speaking to someone in person, you can email
Violations of the Code of Conduct will result in a range of outcomes, from a conversation and reference to the Code of Conduct, to expulsion from our venues and events.
Repeated infringements of our Code of Conduct will not be tolerated.
If you need emergency assistance, crisis hotlines such as the below are also available to you.
- Ärztlicher Bereitschaftsdienst + Hausbesuche, wochentags 19 – 7 Uhr, sowie 24h am Wochenende 0351-19292, Link: dresden-freital-radebeul-tharandt
- Allgemein- u. Kinderärztliche Bereitschaftssprechstunde Uniklinik 0351-116 117
- Polizei 110 | Feuerwehr, Rettungsdienst 112 | Sperr-Notruf 116116 | Fundbüro 0351-4885996
- Hilfetelefon Gewalt gegen Frauen: 08000-116016 | Psychosozialer Dienst für Menschen in Krisen 0351-4885341
- Frauenschutzhaus 0351-2817788 Opferhilfe Sachsen 0351-8010139
- Vandalismus-Telefon, Meldungen + Auskunft zur Verhinderung u. Beseitigung von Sachschäden 0351-4886333
- Taxi 0351/ 211 211
Have fun, make friends. Be supportive and respectful of each other, and keep each other safe.